Monday, November 30, 2009

NSU Blog Series Pt. 2 of 3

I don't understand the attitudes of the people who went here and that currently attend the school. It seems like stereotypes about the school are more accepted than facts and achievements of a University that is not so bad. NSU has given me alot since I've been here and I'm able to see a lot of good in the University. Being involved on campus has done more for me than the classroom and being part of organizations such as Student Ambassadors and Student Goverment has given me an advantage and a certain type of pride that I don't see in many students here. When I listen to people complain I think thats easier for them to do than educate themselves or be active in anything. Then it's the people who transfer from NSU to other university and act as if they've just got a ticket into heaven. Nothing is perfect its all in what you put into it thats here at NSU or any other university. As students we need to stop accepting the ideas that otheers put out about this University and create our own experiences that are positive. The ideas from other s are from a Norfolk State that they attended and sometimes only heard about its not the NSU of today or the one of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment