Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Homecoming

In class this week a valid point was brought up about "home"and how we view it when we leave. Since I've moved away from Richmond, Va every time I go back it feels less like the home that I knew. Things change like a coffee shop may have closed or a new building has been built but thats expected. Everything though has changed including my feelings about a place that was all I knew and the only place I had a relationship. Since I've been in college I have seen many places as being home from travels and experiences home could now be Norfolk, Atalanta, New York or Miami all places that I have become familiar with and that could all possibly be home one day. When I go back to the place where I originated, the place that made me; conversations are different, the waves on the street when I pass by have decreased a little and I see change in a city that is growing but I look at as stalled. When people see me they ask questions like I had died at school and I magically came back to life like "Oh my god you stayed in school?". When people ask "Am i coming back home?"and I give then a smug look and answer "No" they wonder why and I think because they never left home. On Kanye West graduation album he gives my accurate feelings about home.

and it migh not be such a bad idea if I never went home again.-Kanye West

No comments:

Post a Comment