Wednesday, November 11, 2009

College Shock aka Culture shock

Things may not be as close as they appear or as far away. When I came to Norfolk State in January of 2005 I was here on campus but so far away from the culture. I felt all the signs of culture shock anxiety and frustration being the two highest. I went from being a big fish in a small pond to being a tadpole in an ocean. Still being in shock it was hard to figure out who to talk to or even how to communicate with these people. Even though we were all around the same age and from different places; I was an outcast the community had been made. So I was the new kid trying to understand the do's and don't's of this new culture that I thought would not be much different from home. I made it though pretty much to the top level of this college culture so the shock is gone for the moment but can easily come back in the morning. Hey it's college anything can happen

No comments:

Post a Comment