Thursday, March 25, 2010

How do they think of us?

I never thought about what people thought about "us" until I was at this years past Super Bowl. A foreign salesman spoke about people in the United States buying habits. He said "Americans you like to borrow things and bring them back". at first I paid the comment no attention but it still lingers in my mind. Is this what some people think of us abroad or is this just on salesman in a luxury department store just rambling. When I meet people especially from other universities in the area Hampton University and Old Domninion University at some point I ask them what they think about me being a student at NSU. Usaually their comments are negative and usally are not true especially from the HU students. That's what they think about "us" not just myself but any student they come in contact with from NSU. It's not fair but I think certain things about them to some things are true but a lot of the times I learn something that I didnt expectfrom them. So what people think about "us" really doesn't matter whether its "us" as Americans or "us" as students it's a lot of misconceptions that need to be straightened out.


All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us
-Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment